top of page

Portugal’s renewable energy supplies 72% of consumption


Portugal’s renewable energy supplies 72% of consumption - portugalbusinessesnews.com
Portugal’s renewable energy supplies 72% of consumption - Portugal Business News

Portugal news – Portugal’s renewable energy supplied 72% of consumption for the first quarter of 2023.


Renewable energy supplied during that period was distributed with 34% from hydroelectric power, 27% from wind power, 6% from biomass and 5% from photovoltaic energy. Natural gas supplied 19% of consumption, with the remaining 9% being the importer balance. 89% of GNL distribution was from the port of Sines, while the remaining 11% was from the interconnection with Spain.


It is to be noted that gas consumption in Portugal fell by 39% in the electric power production segment, and the conventional segment registered the lowest consumption since 2009.


In March, Portugal’s photovoltaic production peaked and exceeded the 1500 MW registered in the corresponding period last year by around 400 MW, according to Portuguese distributor REN.



Kommentare

Mit 0 von 5 Sternen bewertet.
Noch keine Ratings

Rating hinzufügen
bottom of page